Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So much fun . . .



I had so much fun doing this home decor project . . .it's featured as my weekly challenge at Croppin' Paradise, and it is also my extra project for the Studio 101 Blog! I found this quote on a giant chalkboard in a scrap store in Twin Falls this summer . . . the quote spoke to me and wanted to be represented in my home! I had a giant shaped piece of chipboard that I knew would make the perfect home for the quote. I started with white paint, misted black cherry, silver, and clear to get the background. I then lettered the quote in with black marker. I added the felt flowers and sparkly bits of stickled flourishes. To finish it, I added the butterflies and the ribbon on which to hang the piece! I love it, and it is displayed proudly in my new scrap space!!

No comments: