Monday, July 13, 2009

The Studio July 1 Challenge

The Studio is a challenge site that I'm trying out for and the first challenge was this:

Create a layout using supplies you’ve had in your collection for at least 6 months. (If you haven’t been scrapping that long, you’re excused this part!) Your layout should include 2 things: something pleated and the title must also be the title of a rock song.


Below is the page that I created!! It was so much fun! First off, I love this picture of Sophia! I'm not sure why, it just speaks to me!! Hee hee!! The funnest part of the layout was creating the pleated "ribbon". It's actually just a strip of patterned paper that I folded, distressed, and then hand stitched to the paper. I think it turned out quite nicely!!






If you're looking for a fun challenge, hop on over:
http://thestudio.scrapbook-101.com/
. . .besides the fun challenge, they are also offering up the new BG Lemonade Collection!! How awesome is that?! They had me at Lemonade!!
Hope to see you there!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Studio by Amanda Jones said...

Great layout - I love how you've distressed the pleated paper! And such a pretty pic!

Thanks for joining in at The Studio :)

Amanda x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout. I love patterns cut out of paper. Lovely colours too.

Sandi said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!! Your girls are JUST adorable!!!!!! My nieces have their hair color! =)

Unknown said...

followed your link from the studio-
great LO- love the picture, I have some of my dd with marker face too :) aren't they fun?!